Self Care Week(18- 24th November)
Invest in your future self this Self Care Week (18 – 24 November) by making small changes that can make a big difference.
Think Self Care for Life is about making improvements in your life to protect your physical health and mental wellbeing.
Follow these small steps to a healthier you:
- Get active; advice is to exercise for at least twenty minutes a day, it’s ideal if you can incorporate this into your day by ditching the car and walking to work, or walking the dog, taking the stairs or even dancing around the kitchen table to your favourite songs!
- Eat well. We all know that healthy eating is crucial to our health so we can start by swapping unhealthy snacks for healthy options such as nuts, seeds and fruit. Ask your pharmacist for advice on managing your weight.
- Make positive changes! Take steps to stop those bad habits that don’t serve you well. This Self Care Week make a plan to stop smoking, reduce your alcohol intake and get active! Your pharmacist can help with lifestyle changes such as weight management and stop smoking services.
- Rest. A good’s night’s sleep is as essential to our health and wellbeing as eating healthily and exercising so, make sure you get the recommended 7-8 hours a night!
- Stop! These days we lead such busy lives that we sometimes forget to slow down and stop. Find time in your day to just quieten your mind. Mindfulness or yoga might be helpful.
Dr Thornton and Dr Richbell retired at the end of September 19. We would like to welcome Dr Lin Mo and Dr Sang Lee to the practice